Share Calendar (Outlook 2010)
Click on the Calendar button to go to Calendar view. (Screen that shows your calendar)
Make sure the calendar you want to share is selected by clicking on it
To share your calendar with another Exchange user:
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click Share Calendar.
- In the Sharing Invitation that appears, enter the person/people who you want to share with in the To box.
- Enter or select any other options that you want, just as if you were sending an email message.
(set details to: Full Details –> so everyone can view contents)
The recipient sees an email notification that you have shared your calendar. You can also request that the recipient share his or her Exchange Calendar with you (If this is what is desired).
Once they open the calendar from e-mail they receive, it will be added to their calendars in outlook. But they do not have permission to do anything other than view it.
Edit Sharing Permissions (Outlook 2010)
- Click on the Calendar button to go to Calendar view.
- In the left hand column, right click on the calendar you want to share and select Properties.
- In the window that opens, click on the Permissions tab.
- In the Name column, click on the name of the person you want to change the permissions for. Their current permission level is indicated in the column beside their name.
- In the Permissions section, click on the Permission Level drop down arrow.
(Editor: allows them to modify calendar, but not create
Publishing Editor: allows them to create calendar items as well)
6. Select a permission level (descriptions below). You can customize the permissions in the Read, Write, Delete items, and Other sections below.